OUR GOAL IS
Our goal is to mobilize intercession until a church planting movement is birthed in the Maldives and every Maldivian man, woman, boy and girl has heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ in their native tongue.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and reveals God’s plan for the salvation of all who will believe in Jesus Christ.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God who was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified and rose again victorious over death three days later.
- We believe all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and are destined for eternal damnation unless they repent of their sins and personally trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- We believe the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ calls, convicts and comforts all men.
- We believe the Holy Spirit saves, transforms, empowers and guides believers.
- We believe the Church is the bride and body of Christ and the greatest hope for the world.
- We believe every person should have access to worship Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior in a vibrant church that reflects their own language and culture.
- We believe it is the highest honor and responsibility of the global body of Christ to participate in the Mission of God to make disciples of every nation, tribe and tongue.
We are Great Commission Christians who seek to mobilize the royal priesthood of all believers to intercede on behalf of the Maldives. We have no affiliation with any denomination. We are a unified community of intercessors, from every corner of the world, with the main goal of glorifying Jesus Christ.
The Maldives is a country that is 99% water. It is the most geographically disbursed country in the world. Nearly 1200 islands separated by 90,000 sq. km of ocean create a unique geographical challenge to distributing the Gospel. Transportation between the islands either is done by boat or seaplane. There are almost 90 resorts that are islands in themselves. Movement between resort islands and locally inhabited islands is greatly restricted. The Maldives are isolated from the rest of the world with no land borders with other countries and limited access to engage with people from other countries.
As in other Southern Asia countries, political parties and legal structures often reflect or at least are influenced by religion. The Maldives are no exception and Islam is protected in the country’s constitution in the Maldives.
The Maldives declare themselves as a 100% Muslim country. When you land at the international airport in Male, you will be handed a card that declares there is no tolerance for any other religion. There are over 1000 mosques throughout the country. They practice the Sunni form of Islam and the nation has seen a rise in extremism in recent days.
Due in part to its geographical, religious and political barriers, the Maldives remains difficult to access with the Gospel. You can visit for a short time as a tourist with no problem but to have a prolonged presence is very difficult. Despite the challenges, we believe that God has a plan for the Maldives and He will open doors of opportunity. Matthew 24:14 states that, “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” Jesus is coming soon and “all nations” including those inconveniently lost in the Maldives.